2971 Flowers Rd S
Atlanta, GA 30341
Last year the Georgia Supreme Court struck down a 2008 law that allowed the State of Georgia to create and fund state charter schools. The Court stated the law violated Georgia’s Constitution by giving the power to the State and allowing it to take local funds from our Public Schools and give the money to State-approved charter schools.
Supporters of the 2008 law have introduced an amendment to permanently change the Constitution to allow the State to do what the court ruled was illegal. They favor letting an appointed, non-accountable, State Commission in Atlanta create and fund new charter schools across Georgia without the consent and involvement of the local Board of Education. Georgia School Superintendent John Barge has publicly come out against this amendment Click here to read full story.
On November 6, voters will decide this extremely important matter. We support our schools and want to help get the truth out about the Constitutional amendment. We hope you will join us in this effort!
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, October 2nd!
- Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors
- Georgia Association of Educational Leaders
- Georgia Association of Educators
- Georgia Association of Elementary School Principals
- Georgia Association of Middle School Principals
- Georgia Association of School Personnel Administrators
- Georgia Association of Secondary School Principals
- Georgia Council of Administrators of Special Education
- Georgia Music Educators Association
- Georgia Parent Teacher Association
- Georgia Retired Educators Association
- Georgia School Board Association
- Georgia School Superintendents Association
- Professional Association of Georgia Educators
- Southern Education Foundation
Cordially Invite You To a Reception in Support of Georgia Public Schools
Recent Press Coverage
“Barge Comes Out Against Charter Schools Amendment”
The Atlanta Journal Constitution – August 14, 2012
“Out of state donors funding Ga. charter -school push.”
The Augusta Chronicle – August 31, 2012
Walter C. Jones
“School Leaders Oppose Charter Amendment”
Calhoun Times – August, 27, 2012
“College, Career Academy’s Pinson, GNTC’s McDonald blast charter school bill at Chamber Education and Workforce committee”
Rome News-Tribune – August 11, 2012
Can’t make the event? Click here to make a secure online contribution.